[3830] W1HIJ/6 10Mtr SO/LP/CW Only

W1HIJCW at aol.com W1HIJCW at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 23:54:23 EST 1998

This one was a lot fun -- especially considering:

1. Except for an hour and 20 minutes on Saturday morning, the only operating
time came after 7AM Pacific time on Sunday and only amounted to less than 8
hours;

2. I had to leave to go to work just as the band was getting good to EU on
Saturday morning; and

3. The Europeans just never seemed to arrive on Sunday morning.

4. Could never get on the air when there was a chance for a decent JA run ...

On the other hand, some highlights --- working two VE9's in consecutive
minutes and within 5 minutes of working VO1MP!; being able to sneak into Utah
and Nevada on 10 in the middle of the day (even if I never could find an
Hawaiian station, Was KH7R down for preventative maintenance?)

And a lesson learned --- it's worth signing "/6" in a contest like this, only
2 or 3 requests for fills on state (CA).

Nevertheless ---

Our offering to the 10 meter gods, propitiated (we hope) by our puny 100 Watts
and a home made ground plane at 30 feet, is:

    Callsign Used : W1HIJ/6
           Operator : W1HIJ

         Category : SO/LP/CW Only

 Default Exchange : 599 CA

             Name : William H. Scholz
          Address : P.O. Box 5791
   City/State/Zip : Newport Beach, CA 92662
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Southern California Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW        308              305            1220      46         25

    Final Score = 86620 points.

TS940S, Special high grade 3/4" copper pipe ground plane at 30 feet; TRLog
6.25

Thanks for all the contacts --- like McArthur, I shall return!

73, Bill

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com