[3830] WQ5W ARRL 10M SO LOW POWER CW ONLY-APARTMENT

Alan Benoit alandonna at email.msn.com
Mon Dec 14 19:27:55 EST 1998

                              ARRL 10 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 12-Dec-98, 13-Dec-98, 14-Dec-98

    Callsign Used : WQ5W
         Operator : WQ5W
         Category : SINGLE OPERATOR, LOW POWER, CW ONLY
 Default Exchange : 599 TX
             Name : ALAN BENOIT
         Equipment: Alinco DX-77T (50W), MFJ-1786 Loop Antenna (Indoors)
        Team/Club : NORTH TEXAS CONTEST CLUB

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries
   10CW      489         489       1984      45        38
 Totals      489         489       1984      45        38

    Final Score = 164672 points.

Comments:

What a blast!  This is the most QSO's I've made in a contest with the indoor
loop antenna.  I had no expectations going in, but I was so close to
breaking 500 Q's that this became my goal on Sunday.   I got close, but just
couldn't squeeze enough out of the band Sunday afternoon-oh well that gives
me a goal for next year.  My best hour was 1600Z Saturday when I worked 54
stations.  For the first time in a contest with this antenna, I actually
called CQ-surprisingly enough I got answers!  For 2 hours Saturday afternoon
I actually ran stations by CQ'ing.  Europe seemed better Sunday and JA
seemed better Saturday.  Increased my states worked total to 38 on 10m.
Biggest thrill:  working N0NI in IA on backscatter Sunday afternoon-boy that
was tough!  Thanks to N0NI for being patient and pulling me out.

Can't wait till next year and even more sunspots!!

73,
Alan, WQ5W

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com