[3830] N8RR ARRL 10 SO CW HP Unassisted

rfpwr at linknet.net rfpwr at linknet.net
Mon Dec 14 21:06:40 EST 1998

960,156 :   1636 Q's -- 149 Mults (59 dom & 90 DX)

State: Louisiana

USA  837
VE    67
NA    30
SA    44
EU   472
AF    13
AS    12
JA   139
OC    22

There are a few 0 point dupes in the qso total.
What a blast! Ran out of stuff to work on Sunday after the Eu opening. Feel
I squeezed all the Q's the prop would give me. Only worked 58 W8 and 59
W9's. Worked all the mults I heard. Developed a keying problem with the
computer on Sunday. With that and learning new software only got fouled up a
few times.
Either my hearing is failing (age 51) or my FT 1000D doesn't drive my Heil
Pro Set very well, had problems in CQ WW hearing. Added a Radio Shack Mixer
for audio amplification for the 10M test and made a world of difference.

Can't wait for the next one..this is my favorite contest.

Equipment: FT-1000D AL-1500  105CA at 65'    4 el quad at 50'

73, Chas N8RR   (Never thought I would work more Texas stns -40- than W8 or 9)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com