[3830] RAC CG3KZ 10m Single Band

Robert Nash rtnash at netcom.ca
Mon Dec 28 09:01:36 EST 1998

First, congratulations to Bruce, ZF2NT for setting a new standard for 10m,
probably for this entire cycle! The rate sheets tell the story. Bruce and I
were even in QSO's at 1700Z, just as Europe folded here. After that it was
multiplier time with very few runs to the USA. Needed something like KC1XX's
10m antennas to work all those W's! Just too close to most of them for 10m.
Ended the contest working mobiles in Phoenix. That's how selective the skip
was. The CG3 call was great for attracting Europeans (perhaps too good!),
but was a bear on CW and on scatter. My multiplier omission was VY2 on
phone. Tried to follow VY2SS up to phone but nothing doing. Bruce, VO2RAC
and VO1XE were the CW NF's for me and I believe that was indeed Jay
operating VY1RAC.

For CG3KZ:

   10CW                81             12
   10SSB              727            11

   Totals               808             23

    Claimed Score = 68,586 points.

Equipment: TS950-SDX & AL-1200X
            5el @ 50', 3el@ 100'
            TRLog v6.36

   CG3KZ RATE SUMMARY CANADA WINTER CONTEST

  HOUR   10CW    10SSB   TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0      24      24      24
    1       0       0       0      24
    2       0       0       0      24
    3       0       0       0      24
    4       0       0       0      24
    5       0       0       0      24
    6       0       0       0      24
    7       0       0       0      24
    8       0       0       0      24
    9       0       0       0      24
   10       0       0       0      24
   11       0       0       0      24
   12       0      12      12      36
   13       0     132     132     168
   14       0     144     144     312
   15       3     122     125     437
   16      22      55      77     514
   17      17      45      62     576
   18       9      30      39     615
   19      26      23      49     664
   20       0      77      77     741
   21       4      35      39     780
   22       0      26      26     806
   23       0       2       2     808
  TOTAL    81     727

Had great time and will be there again next time. See you all on July 1st!

73 Bob VE3KZ

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com