[3830] VE8RAC RAC SO/AB

John John
Sun Dec 27 22:38:01 EST 1998

                   RAC Canada Winter Contest -- 1998

      Call: VE8RAC (at VE8EV)       Country:  Canada
      Province: NWT                 Category: Single Op / All Bands

      BAND  MODE    QSO    QSO PTS    VE    MULT    DX

      80    CW        2        22      1      1      1
      80    SSB      12       114     10      5      2
      40    CW        3        32      2      2      1
      40    SSB       8        58      4      3      4
      20    CW       18       174     16      8      2
      20    SSB      57       462     41      9     16
      15    CW        6        60      6      6      0
      15    SSB     152       818     63      9     89
      10    CW        5        42      4      4      1
      10    SSB     409      1750    114     10    295
      Totals        672      3532    261     57    411      Score 3532 x 57
= 201,324 pts.

      Operator: VE8EV

Equipment Description : FT-767GX, TMC LPA-1K, TH3JRS @ 40' (10/15/20),
                        35' loaded vertical (160/80/40)

Soapbox:

The low bands were a big disappointment for this time of year but at least I
worked everybody I heard.  For someone who has never been through the top
end of a solar cycle band conditions on 10m and 15m continue to amaze me.
Had a 150 hour on 10m and three other 100+ hours on 10m and 15m.  Too bad it
didn't last longer.  Spent the last hour S&P looking for mults.  Apologies
to all who had to deal with my rudimentary CW abilities.

Highlight: Being QRO for the first time and having guys on 80m come back to
my first call!

Lowlight: Being QRO for the first time and having the guy across the street
phone me in the middle of the contest to report that I was 59 on every
appliance and audio device in his house...

Only 10 more days until sunrise here :-)

73
John - VE8EV

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com