[3830] K8ND, Stew Perry SOHP

Jeffrey Maass jmaass at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Wed Dec 30 16:51:42 EST 1998

                   1998 W1BB 160M DISTANCE CHALLENGE

     Call used: K8ND                              Location: EN80
     Category: Single Op, High Power                 Power: 1500
     Callsign of Operator: K8ND

     Exchanged Information: K8ND EN80

     Hours of Operation: 09:59

               QSOs     points
     TOTAL      301        900   =  900

     Comments:

     FT-1000MP, Alpha 91b, Inv-L (40-feet vertical), four "shorty"
       300-foot 2-wire Beverages (8 directions).

     Ugh. Big difference from last year!

     "He who fails to study the results of the past is doomed to
     repeat them."

     When it came to maximizing score, high-power was a mistake, and
     one that few others made. Conditions lousy. Only my second
     contest of 1998, haven't spent much time on the band yet this
     season, and my brain said "Sleep, stupid" after ten hours of
     slogging.

     Heard more DX than I could get to hear me, including DL1YD,
     EA6ACC, and IV3PRK. Called them in the clear, with no responses.
     It was nice getting called by YV1NX (even without the grid),
     and nice to see that I hadn't completely wasted my time putting
     up the North-South 2-wire Beverage.

Jeff Maass  jmaass at freenet.columbus.oh.us    http://www.netexp.net/~jmaass
USPSA/IPSC # L-1192  NROI/CRO   Amateur Radio K8ND     NW of Columbus Ohio
"Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do."
                                              - Bertrand Russell

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com