[3830] K4MA@AA4NC SSB Sprint

Jim Stevens k4ma at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 1 11:09:12 EST 1998

    Callsign Used : K4MA
         Operator : K4MA
          Station : AA4NC
         Category : Single Op - High Power
        Team/Club : TCG #1

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80SSB      91          91         91      10         0
   40SSB     109         108        108      24         1   = XE
   20SSB      40          40         40      14         0

 Totals      240         239        239      48         1

 Final Score = 11711 points

 Station 1: FT-990 & AL-1200
            Stacked 204BAs
            402CD
            80M Inv V
 Station 2: IC-736 & LK-500
            Pro67

 One word: LONG!

 75M:
 Even 75M was long!  K7RAT, N6RO, & K6LL were
 louder on 75M than most Eastern stations.  Notable exceptions
 to this were W5XX & WC4E, Malcolm & Jeff you were loud on 75M!
 Got the aeronautical mobile mult, worked Rick, NQ4I, flying in
 the Gulf :-)

 40M:
 Never seen 40M so long for this contest.  After 0130Z if you
 were East of the Rockies, I couldn't hear you except for TN.
 Very strange, couldn't hear W5ASP on 40M but the TN guys were
 booming in.  Loudness award on 40M goes to W0MU and N7TR.

 20M:
 Never a good sign when 20M dies so soon.  Even K6LL was not
 to be heard on 20M after 0100Z.  Loudness award here goes to
 all the big gun 6s.

73, Jim Stevens, K4MA & 8P9JA

email -- k4ma at mindspring.com
WWW   -- http://www.mindspring.com/~k4ma