[3830] Sprint KR4YL LP SSB

Paul Paul
Sun Feb 1 17:31:23 EST 1998

     1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: KR4YL   (at KN4T)                              Location: FL

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: SSB             Power: 150W

     Callsign of Operator: KR4YL

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     Exchanged Information: KR4YL nr PAUL FL

     Hours of Operation: 03:59

     band      QSOs     points
      75         74         74
      40         50         50
      20         28         28
     TOTAL      152        152   X   39 multipliers  =  5,928

     Club or Team Name: Boring Amtaeur Radio Club

     Comments:

    Short comments --

    A huge thanks to Walt (KN4T) and his wife Bobbie for their wonderful
hospitality!

    I arrived at Walts about 2 hours before the contest and Walt gave me the
tour and then he went to dinner.

    Contest started up and 20 was decent but died about 45 minutes later.
Moved to 40, and it was good then went long and around 0200 I moved to 75
for the duration (except working N7TR on 40.)

    Walt's station plays very well.  This was definatly a west coast
contest.  Kudos to K7RAT, K6LL, VE7NTT on their great scores!

    The last Q was a call from  NY3C at 3:59 who provided a last
multiplier -- DE ... cool!

73 de KR4YL
Paul

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com