[3830] K7RAT SSB Sprint

Tree N6TR n6tr at teleport.com
Sat Jan 31 23:47:04 EST 1998

Wow!  What fun.  I guess I was just in the mood for this contest and
had a blast.  Wasn't sure I could work 40 meters with just the driven
element left (ice damage), but it seemed to play okay even with a 3:1
SWR.

75 meters was HOT!!!!!  I had 26 QSOs in my first 10 minutes on the
band and I think I can only remember 3 times I got beat out.  It
was amazing.  The antenna here on 75 is a 50 foot tower loaded as a
vertical.  Next September, I am hoping to have a four square up so
watch out!!

QSO Breakdown - 20/103  40/109  75/ 114!!!  Total 326 x 50 = 16,300 pts

Hours 94 85 83 63   One radio - no DVP.

It was interesting getting 10 members for the Boring Amateur Radio
Club team.  I had three guys and remembered I hadn't sent in the
registration to K7GM yet.  So I started to log in just before the
contest, but in one of those little pileups you get before the contest,
I asked if anyone else wanted to join the team.  It only took about 30
seconds to get seven more guys and then I sent the e-mail to Rick.

At least I am pretty sure they all got on!!

73 es congrats to Gary on a fine showing and victory (VE7NTT).

See you on CW!!

Tree N6TR

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com