[3830] K5OY SSB Sprint SOLP

tv4029weather at ipa.net tv4029weather at ipa.net
Mon Feb 2 03:40:03 EST 1998

                         1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: K5OY                                           Location: AR

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: SSB             Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     Exchanged Information: K5OY nr STEVE AR

     Hours of Operation: 03:57

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
      80         63         63
      40         32         32
      20         38         38
    ---------------------------
     TOTAL      133        133   X   30 multipliers  =  3,990

     Comments:
          Goodness!!!  Big trouble here when I could not hear W5XX, KM0L,
W5ASP and most of the other Texans, even on 75m.  I made four contacts in
the first minute of the evening and thought I was the answer to contesting.
Maybe it was my cockiness that brought the wrath of the contesting gods upon
my shack.  I don't think I won a single pile-up.  A real exercise in
futility.  To show how my evening went, and how weak I am as an operator, I
overlooked a strong K5AM and his NM mult for an Illinois signal that was
under his. I will write 100 times, "I'm a doofus."
There were some highpoints.  I found a lonely CQ from North Dakota, took
pity on the gentleman and worked him no problem.  A few minutes later, South
Dakota calls me.  That was fun!
Well, I certainly have a lot of room to improve and look forward to the CW
weekend.  And heck, a bad day of contesting is still better than almost
anything else.

     I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the

           1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT on 02/01/1998

     conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the
     published rules for this contest.

     Name: Steve Gibbs                     Call: K5OY
           22 Aberdeen Ct
           Ft Smith                      , AR  72908

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com