[3830] K4AAA NA CW Sprint

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Sun Feb 8 01:38:44 EST 1998

      80        116        116
      40        115        115
      20         90         90

     TOTAL      321        321   X   47 multipliers  =  15,087

20 was about as bad as it gets.  Can't remember working so hard for 90
QSO's.  Can't wait for some sunspots so we can get back in the game on 20
meters.

10 mins before the contest started I turned the top 402CD west and suddenly
my Alpha 87A started tripping off.  Not sure what's wrong, but something is
definately fried on 40M.  I was QRP at 500W using the AL-1500 on 40.

80M was awsome.  Never seemed to stop finding guys.  I maybe called 5 CQ's
on 80.

The two radio thing didn't really help on the 20 to 40 transisition since
20 was so punk.  It helped a lot on 40 after people started showing up on 80M.

Pretty embarrassing when N5TJ stops to ask if I'm QRP after giving me a
higher number on 40M.

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)