[3830] CQ WW 160 CW - K5RX QRP

Jim Eppright K5RX at pulse.net
Mon Feb 9 00:01:28 EST 1998

1998 CQ 160 METER CONTEST - CW

Call used: K5RX                                        Location: Texas
Category: Single Op QRP
Mode: CW
Power: 5W

Callsign of Operator: K5RX

Hours of Operation: 30

                      QSOs      points

              TOTAL   364       835  X  61 multipliers = 50,935

                                      (51 US/VE and 10 DX multipliers)

Club Name:  North Texas Contest Club

Comments:  Surprised when not-too-loud CT3FN answered my 5 watts, and
almost as
           surprised when very-loud EA8BH could never hear any of my
many calls
           both nights.  I heard all states, but failed a one-weekend
QRP 160 m.
           WAS when I could not get through to ME, VT, ND and ID.  I
thought
           Alaska would be the only problem, but NL7Z pulled me through
the noise
           after several tries well before signals peaked to AK.

Equipment:  Kenwood TS-950SDX

Antenna:  Omega-matched 70' tower, K6STI receive loop, ferrite receive
loop

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
amateur radio in my
country.  My report is correct and true to the best of my knowledge.  I
agree to be
bound by the decisions of the CQ Awards Committee.

Date:  January 31, 1998
Signature

                 Name:  James F. S. Eppright, K5RX
                        3123 Tower Trail