[3830] YL/OM NY4T SO/LP

Lee rfi at vol.com
Sun Feb 15 20:41:19 EST 1998

BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs      Mults

   80SSB     7             7                  6
   40SSB     10           10                  7
   20SSB     21           21                  14
   15SSB     15           15                  13
   10SSB      1            1                  1

 Totals       54           54     x           41 = 2214
                                                  x 1.5  (low power)
                                                   _____
                                                   3321 Points

Soap Box:

Well, I never finish in the top 10 in anything so I tried this
one to see if I could.  From the reports I got from YL's with
many Q's, I should have at least a shot at the 4 calling area.
This is a whole different kind of contest.  Low participation
changes strategy to mostly s&p and convert.  By convert I mean,
tail-end a QSU, explain the contest and make the Q.  Out of
the 54 Q's  I tallied 10 in reply to my CQ, 28 answering
CQ's and 16 conversions.  I also found that many YL's didn't
know the contest was going on and even got a couple to start
making Q's.  Worked every mult I heard but got TN on only one
band.  TCG needs some more YL's !!  Will probably try it again
next year especially if I have a title to defend ;)

73,
Lee (NY4T  (OM of Linda, KF4GKN)
http://www.qsl.net/ny4t

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com