[3830] WA7BNM ARRL DX CW 15m LP

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Mon Feb 23 09:19:11 EST 1998

WA7BNM   8.5   55,440    308   60

             ARRL International DX Contest - CW

Call: WA7BNM
Category: 15m Single Band, Single Op, Unassisted
Power: Low Power (although there is no low power single band category)
Op Time: 8.5 hrs
Location: S.Calif

Band       QSOs    Mults
---------------------------
 15        308      60
---------------------------
                    Score = 55,440

Comments:

Wow! What a difference a year makes. As N0AX noted, it was nice to hear all
of those European signals on 15m. It's been a long time.  Last year, band
was dead at 0030Z. This year worked JAs as late as 0330Z.

Hard to believe that N5LT's 61K score won this category in last year's
contest.  My operating time was distributed between 7 trips to the office
and getting a newsletter out. Even so, I doubled my score from last year
while operating less and using low power. I expect to see some big 15m
totals in the results.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com