[3830] W0ETC ARRL 10 MTR SO HP Phone

Larry Lindblom w0etc at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 4 17:04:54 EST 1998

--------------27212EB970EBC6128ADD2918

Well I mistyped the address so I'll forward it to the correct Address.

--------------27212EB970EBC6128ADD2918

Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 16:56:41 -0600
From: Larry Lindblom <w0etc at ix.netcom.com>
To: 3830 at contestin.com
Subject: W0ETC ARRL 10 MTR SO HP Phone

The ARRL 10 Meter contest from here in Iowa started like a sprint (405
Qs in first 5 hours) but turned into a marathon (473 Qs in next 23 Hours
of operating).  Saturday afternoon and PM the band from IA was only open
into FL and South America.  Unfortunately there weren't enough FL
stations for sustained high rate runs.  Sunday wasn't much better except
for a very brief opening (from here) into Europe.  A frustrating contest
in that the station and operator were ready for a big score but the
propagation wasn't.

Qs 878 Mults 76 Points 1756 Score 133,456 Hours of Operation 28:28.

Station TH-7 at 125 ft, side mounted rotatable TH-7 at 93 ft, R-7, IC
775 DSP & TL-922.

--------------27212EB970EBC6128ADD2918--

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com