[3830] W7MMQ ARRL RR 98 S/O H/P

Mike Coolidge w7mmq at inetco.net
Mon Jan 5 15:41:30 EST 1998

<bigger>ARRL RTTY ROUNDUP

</bigger>

CALL USED:  W7MMQ

LOCATION:   Montana

ENRY CLASS:  Single Op High Power

(one radio)

HOURS:  24

BAND    QSOS    PTS    QTH    DX

80      135     135     45     0    Dipole @ 120ft, Sloper

40      319     319     51    11    Dipole @ 120ft, 2 EL FORCE 12 @=20
85ft

20      478     478     51    31    C-3XL FORCE 12 @ 74ft, TH5 @ 55 ft

15      321     321     47    18    C-3XL FORCE 12 @ 73ft, TH5 @ 55 ft

10        3       3      3     0

-----------------------------------

TOTAL   1256    1256    59*   43*

-----------------------------------

* - Counted only once (not once per band)

-----------------------------------

SCORE:  128,112

Best Hour Rates

Sat 1900Z  108

Sat 1800Z  97

Sat 2100Z  95

Sat 2200Z  93

COMMENTS:  My best effort to date, beat my 1996 score by a few.  Worked
all states the first night by 0620.  I went at this one the same way I go
at Sweepstakes, Rate, Rate, Rate.  After 12 hours of operating I was
averaging 73 Qsos per hour above my goal of 70 so was pleased with that.=20
I basically ignored DX the first night on 40 and 20 in favor of higher
rates working Stateside stuff, I was going to save the DX for 20 and 15
meters the second day.  The second day however turned out to be a bust
for Europe.  Signals here on 20 were weak and fluttery, and was only able
to work the first layer of Europe here.  15 was worse managed 10 or 12
Western Euros and that was that, I knew I was going to be hurting for DX
mults and QSOs after that.  Europe usually accounts for 20 percent of my
log but this time it was only around 10 percent. Because of this I
probably should have spent more time on 40 looking for mults into Europe
and Asia.  On the flip side stateside participation was at an all time
high.  Worked 59 sections only one I was missing was YUKON which is a new
personal high for me in any contest CW SSB or RTTY. =20

So all in all was pleased with the effort and activity even though I
missed my goal of 1300 qsos.  Oh well maybe next year. =20

Thanks everyone for the qsos and CU next year for Roundup!

Mike W7MMQ (ex N9ITX)

            mailto:wf1b-rtty at wf1b.com Administrative requests:      =20
mailto:wf1b-rtty-request at wf1b.com WWW:                          =20
http://www.wf1b.com/ Questions about RTTY reflector: