[3830] KA4RRU RR SCORE

Michael Trowbridge ka4rru at erols.com
Tue Jan 6 13:35:34 EST 1998

ka4rru rr score single op low power 149 watts

band    q's     pts     qth     dx
80      167     161     42      1
40      313     289     49      23
20      261     244     40      37
15      271     259     32      36
10      21      20      6       4
---     ---     ---     ---     ---
        1033    973     56      54

score 107,030

radio one ft1000 - pci3000 - wf1b
th6 at 90 - 70   and 30 feet
dipole for 80m at 80 feet

radio two knwd 940 - pci3000 - wf1b
th6 at 60 ft, klm 40m dipole at 55 ft, cushcraft 2 el 40 at 100 ft

        Great contest!  Almost made as many q's as they make in the
state of LA!!

        Things were going fine till Sunday morning about 10am - computer
error message about "load again with -3K" (then message to try -2K and
then -4k etc)... to make a long story  short I ended up starting a new
file so that I could continue the contest... I am sorry if I was a
dupe.. the first 600 q's were in another file ... I think that if I get
more mem for the computers the problem will go away.

        If you are still reading, now for the problem that would not go
away.... with 3 or 4 hours to go in the contest I was running on the
ft1000 and the knwd went dead..... I was not running on the knwd at the
time. I was tuning another band about 5 min before and was not touching
it when it went dead... (anyone have any ideas about what might have
happened?? The radio was not hot and the fuse is still good)

        For those of you interested: the new baby Lianna Mei is just
great. She is 18 months old and is very sharp!! Will soon teach her to
press the F1key!!

cu in wpx de Mike ka4rru

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com