[3830] '98 RTTY Roundup (W0EEE)

w0eee at umr.edu w0eee at umr.edu
Tue Jan 6 22:37:24 EST 1998

1998 ARRL RTTY Roundup Summary
University of Missouri-Rolla Amateur Radio Club (W0EEE)

QSO's:  341
Mults:   54
==============
Claimed Score:  18,414

Operators:  N0ZSE, KB0VLG(logger)

Hours of Operation:  approx 17.5
Class:  Multiop
Section:  Missouri
Power:  100 watts

Rig:  Icom 735
Kantronics All Mode Controller
2 computers (1 logging, 1 terminal)
Software:  Homebrew
Antennas:  Mosley Classic 36
           G5RV

Comments:

I enjoy this contest more each year since it allows the low power guys to
call CQ and hold a frequency even on a dipole.  The only unfortunate part
of the contest was the front which moved through which caused
80 to be noisy and fluttery.  As a result, we shut down around 10pm CST,
and went back on the air 10am next morning.   I feel much better about
this years effort since with only 6.5 hrs more work, we more than tripled
our score from last year.

Incidently, I'm all for declaring Nebraska a DXCC country...that state is
HARD to find!

73's de N0ZSE
Eric Raub

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com