[3830] K1AM NAQP Score and Comment

Jeff Bouvier k1am at ids.net
Sun Jan 11 21:23:42 EST 1998

     K1AM '98 NAQP Summary Sheet

    Callsign Used : K1AM
         Operator : K1AM

         Category : Single Op

Rig: FT-1000MP
Antennas:
	160= 1/4 wave sloping GP with 4 elevated radials
	 80= 4 Square
	 40= 2 ele. Cushcraft up 100'
	 15= 4 ele. Cushcraft up 125'
	 10= 7 ele. LTA up 90'
Hours of operation: 4.5
Software= TRlog

        Team/Club : Yankee Clipper Contest Club

  160CW       50          50         50      30
   80CW      149         149        149      46
   40CW      112         112        112      35
   15CW        2           2          2       2
   10CW        2           2          2       2

 Totals      315         315        315     115

    Final Score = 36225 points.

	Forgot all about this contest until I saw a post on the
Packetcluster. Shut down the cluster access and fired up TR and
started in. There was only 4.5 hours to go in the contest :-(
Low band conditions were very good especially 80m (my favorite band).
Bill, W4AN, asked me to qsy through the bands. When he mentioned 10m
I said to myself, "He's on drugs!". We went to 10m and he had a very
good signal. We went through all bands except 20m (having SWR problems
on that band). Later Tyler, K3MM, my fellow RTTY contester called in
and we did the same. I didn't think we would make it on the higher
qrg's but we did.
	Had a lot of fun but wish I had remembered this contest sooner.
I only worked one other RI station and I suspect he was not very active.
	73, Jeff

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com