[3830] W0ZQ VHF SS s/o EN34

jcplatt1 at mmm.com jcplatt1 at mmm.com
Tue Jan 20 11:25:02 EST 1998

Call: W0ZQ, single op.
 Grid: EN34

   Band  QSOs   Pts  Grids
     50    72   72   19
   144  145 145   25
   222    43   86   17
   432    76 152   19
   902    15   60     7
 1296    25 100   11
 3456      1     8     1
 10 G      1     8     1

Totals  378 631 100  Score: 63,100

Equipment:
6m    -- IC551, 150 watts, 4ele W2PV H.B. @ 50'
2m    -- DEM transverter, TS930, 300 watts, CC32-19 @ 52'
222   -- MM transverter, HR2600, 120 watts, K1FO @ 53'
432   -- IC451, 100 watts, modified CC424B @ 54'
902   -- DEM notune, FT221 (I.F.), 5 watts (??),  loop yagi @ 50'
1296 -- MM transverter, 20 watts, 55 ele loop yagi @ 50'
3456 -- DEM notune.
10G  --  WBFM gunplexers.

First full time effort at a VHF contest from my own home station in several
years.  Conditions on Saturday were below par, but improved on Sunday.  No
aurora and no completes on the three meteor skeds that I had; several very
short pings is all.  Had a "sporadic" E open to TX about 2315Z Sat late
afternoon for about 20 minutes.  We had at least two big time rovers out;
N0HJZ/R (Rich) and K0DAS/R (Rod).  Many many thanks to them for keeping things
humming throughout the contest!

CU in the Spring Sprints.   My initial plans are to do some roving.  Anyone
within "normal" range need any grids that are "local" to EN34 on 2, 222, or
432?  If so, and if I travel to those grids, we could sked during the
appropriate VHF Sprint.  My Email is jcplatt1 at mmm.com.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com