[3830] VE7SV CQ WW 160 M/S

Dale Green Dale_Green at CdnAir.CA
Mon Jan 26 14:17:06 EST 1998

VE7SV 1998 160 WW CW Muli-single
Contest:CQWW 160 CW
Callsign used: VE7SV
Category:Multi-single
Operators:VE7SV and VE7AHA

Band      Raw Qso's    Valid Qso's   Sections    Countries

160CW       947           930          57           22

Claimed Score=  387,653

Equipment:  Icom IC761,Alpha 86 and CT 9.10A software

Antenna: 1/4 wave sloper.........no seperate rx antenna

Comments:

Thanks to all who worked us. It was a fun time but unfortunately
VE7AHA became ill on Friday night and had to quit on Saturday morning.
We,like many,battled high QRN and rain static especially on Friday
night.
The highlight of the contest was to be called by EA8BH,VS98BG,CE8ABF,
PY1ARS/4 and of course the 100 plus JA's.
We worked all states but missed VY1,VY2,VO2 and VE8.
Unfortunately we did not hear a single European even though we did listen
whenever one was spotted......maybe next year.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com