[3830] WB0O IARU CW ONLY

BILL STRAW wb0o at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 08:43:17 EDT 1998

WB0O IARU SO,CW ONLY   (HP)

Band   Q    M    Antenna
-------------------------
160    14   7    INV-L
 80    76  16    INV-V @ 50'
 40   121  27    Elevated 4-square
 20   384  48
 15   164  40    TH7 @ 50', QTH on a 400' hill
 10    47  10
-----------------
      806  148   405,224    (18 hours)

RIG: TENTEC OMNI VI PLUS, ALPHA

COMMENTS:
  Seemed like very low US activity. I had hoped for
lots of 80/160 3 pointers but got let down. Too much
Aurora to work EU/JA on 40, the JA's were so fluttery
I couldn't copy the callsigns. 20/15/10 were as
expected, amazing 15M opening at 0200 Local time to
9V,VR98,HS,BV.
  I had to miss some prime time on Saturday evening,
to take the family to the demolition derby at the
county fair. This is a major event in our town, there's
only 5000 people in the whole county and 1500 show up
to watch the cars go at it! When you live on the hot,
dry Northern Great Plains, 100 miles from a stoplight,
fun is whatever you can find!

73 BILL WB0O in northern North Dakota