[3830] W7GG SO/AB/HP CW ONLY IARU SCORE

Bob Wruble ai7b at teleport.com
Mon Jul 13 00:02:45 EDT 1998

           IARU SUMMARY SHEET

   Contest Dates : 11-Jul-98, 12-Jul-98

   Callsign Used : W7GG
       Operators : BOB, W7GG

        Category : SO/AB/HP----2 RADIO

Default Exchange : 5NN 06

            Name : Robert S. Wruble
         Address : 13031 SW Meadow Lane
  City/State/Zip : Culver, OR  97734
         Country : United States

       Team/Club : WILLAMETTE VALLEY DX CLUB

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Zones

   80CW       29          29         73       0         9
   40CW      182         182        514       2        18
   20CW      395         393       1467      18        31
   15CW      121         121        423       6        18

 Totals      727         725       2477      26        76

 Final Score = 252,654 points.
 Hours of operation = 16

COMMENTS:  Marginal cndx in the NW plus very high QRN levels on 40/80m
caused me to lose interest after 16 hours.  Seems as tho participation
was down as well?  Gotta remember that summer cndx not much fun on the
low bands which is where my stations play the best.  358 out of 725
QSO's were US stns!  Very low JA count......only 59 total all bands.
An all time low from this QTH!  Have wked over 400 in one nite in other
winter tests.  Last year made over 1300 QSO's and I thot cndx were
supposed to be getting better??  After reading East and South scores I
think I will dismantle my station and take my trap vertical to the Carib
2 or 3 times/year......The NW SUCKS....MY BEST HOUR in this test was
a whopping 72 QSO's!!

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.