[3830] W0ETC NAQP RTTY Single OP

Larry Lindblom w0etc at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 19 14:03:56 EDT 1998

W0ETC, SO entry: Exchange Larry  Ia

Band Qs    Ms
80     23    16
40     76    29
20    132    31
15       3       2
10       0       0
-----------------
Tot   234     78
Score 18,252

Station IC775 and IC756, Twr 1: stacked TH-7s at 123 & 93 ft, 40 meter
sloping dipole 4 square array, Twr 2: e2l M2 40 at 128 ft and 80 mtr
lazy vee 4 square array. R-7 back up antenna, 180 Mhz pentium running
Writelog 9.08 with a Sound Blaster card.

My first ever entry in an RTTY contest, sort of fun being the only
serious IA station on in the contest. 20 meters was very noisy here in
the midwest.  Of course 40 and 80 were even worse.  Lack of 15 & 10 mtr
Qs because I didn't discover until after 2300Z that I had a transmit but
no receive antenna on those bands.  My apologies if I CQed on top of you
on those bands without an antenna they sounded totally dead. First time
running the 756 and 775 in tranceive: received in FSK mode on the 756,
transmitted in AFSK on the 775 with a +2.2K offset.  Not the ideal
setup, but best I could do without an interface for pure FSK.  Gotta get
that built some day-that and the 100 other projects needing to get done.

Larry L
W0ETC-from the land between two rivers, IA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com