[3830] CQ 160 SSB - K7RAT

Tree N6TR n6tr at teleport.com
Mon Mar 2 08:25:36 EST 1998

Score: 325 (appx) QSOs x 55 mults

Only DX was V4, P4, KP4 and XE.  Conditions the first evening
were pretty good and the rain had let up so the QRN was down.
Was able to work about 200 stations in 90 minutes from 0430 to
0600. This was up above 1900 kHz!  Started raining again around
0700 and the noise came up.

Got on for another 45 minutes around 1230Z the second day, but not
much activity, but I did manage to give the rare Oregon mult out to
some who still needed it.

I still think we either need to expand the DX window to 10 kHz, or
just get rid of it.  The current window isn't big enough to perform
its intended purpose.  5 kHz is okay on CW, but not on SSB.

73 Tree N6TR

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com