[3830] W7MMQ CQ 160 SSB SOHP

Mike Coolidge w7mmq at mail.midrivers.com
Mon Mar 2 15:26:58 EST 1998

CALL USED:  W7MMQ
    STATE:  MT

CATEGORY:  Single Op High Power

HOURS:  12

BAND      QSOS    PTS    W/VE    DX
____________________________________
160SSB    582     1337    55     10      Inverted V @ 160'
____________________________________

SCORE:  86,905

Stick a fork in me I'm done.  Very little motivation for this one and it used
to be one of my favorites all year.  First night the QRN was tremendous.
10 to 20 over on crashes.  Second night severe lack of signals here in
Montana.  Gave in both nights early about 1 in the morning.  I agree with
Tree the DX window is not large enough.  The narrow window makes it
extremely hard for stations in the west to hear the weak stuff through all
the QRM.  A station at 1835.1 essentially takes out 2/3 of the window
making it hard to even hear a strong station like TI1C.

Probably my last CQ 160 SSB.

Mike Coolidge
Lewistown, MT

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com