[3830] VE3ZT Score CQ160 SSB

Paul Hicks ve3bbh at interlog.com
Mon Mar 2 23:44:55 EST 1998

                              CQ 160 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 28-Feb-98, 01-Mar-98

    Callsign Used : VE3ZT
         Operator : VE3ZT (formerly VE3BBH)

         Category : SINGLE OPERATOR / LOW POWER / UNASSISTED

 Default Exchange : 59 ON

             Name : PAUL HICKS
          Address : 41 Stoneton Drive
   City/State/Zip : Scarborough, ON, Canada M1H 2P6
          Country : Canada
            E-mail: ve3bbh at interlog.com

  160SSB      87          87        429      29

 Totals       87          87        429      29

    Final Score = 12,441 points.

Soapbox
Shucks, haven't had this much fun since my last root canal jobby. Next year
I'm gonna operate with my head torqued down in a vice, just to increase the
challenge... Wow, this was fun! And look at all the DX multipliers I didn't
get. Hey Now!

Gotta get me one of them 50 kw CBC Radio boots and load up the hydro wires
around here.

Seriously though, what a grind--low power, trap inverted-vee @ 50 feet just
doesn't do it on this band. Thanks to all of you who had the patience to dig
me out of the noise, appreciate it.

I'm thinking some kind of vertical for 160 and 80, don't have a lot of real
estate, so I'll have to do lots of reading and talk to a lot of the lads to
find out what's my best bet.

Contesting is the greatest!!!

73 to all, Paul

VE3ZT

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter within
 the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
 regulations of the contest.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com