[3830] ARRL SSB 10m Single OP

kp4zl578 kp4zl578 at prtc.net
Mon Mar 9 06:23:57 EST 1998

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: KP4Y                     Country: =20
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator Single =
Band
      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160        0        0           0
       80        0        0           0
       40        0        0           0
       20        0        0           0
       15        0        0           0
       10      436     1308          40
     -----------------------------------
     Totals    436     1308          40  =3D   52,320

All reports sent were 59 100, unless otherwise noted.
Equipment Description:
Rig:YAESU FT-840
POWER:100W
ANT:HY-GAIN 5el MONOBANDER
time:About 12Hrs Operation
Club Affiliation: PUERTO RICO DX CLUB
SOAPBOX:
My first time on a SSB contest!,It wasn't serious at all i just want to
get a few states on 10m while i get some fun on weekend.I think =
Argentina=20
during this time of year have the key of good propagation on this band
i operate about 12hrs(6hrs saturday and 6hrs sunday)but remember LU2FA
working USA saturday at abt 0400z when i arrived from the theater and=20
tunned 10m for a few minutes,i didn't heard any of those stations.The=20
strongest signal heard from the USA was W3LPL with 30db over s9 and=20
a lot of QRM when he started calling CQ near my frequency.That was =
saturday
wich i think was the best day on 10m(at least outside Argentina!)with =
QSO
rates getting as high as 250+/hr.I had a lot of stations calling sunday
but the QRM from LU2FA was incredable and conditions weren't as good as
saturday,that's when i realized how far was 600 Q's goal.After the =
contest=20
i spoke with another SB/LP stn but from Argentina and he told about his =
2200
QSO's and i'm starting to think that people have a tunnel from argentina =
to=20
the USA.
Right now i prefer to use my KEY instead my troat so i'm think i'll=20
participate SINGLE BAND again on 10m during the WPX PHONE and maybe a=20
ALL BAND effort during the WPX CW, i have all the antennas except one=20
for 160m i don't have much real state so i would like to receive any=20
sugestion to my e-mail adress just to keep the bandwid of the reflector.
    CU ON THE NEXT CONTEST!
    =20
     73,
  =20