[3830] KS4XG ARRL DX SSB SOAB HP

Pete Soper pete.soper at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 10 22:38:23 EST 1998

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: KS4XG (@AA4NC)           Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator
      Hrs in the chair: 42                     High Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES
                                             (ant. descriptions approx)
      160       11       33   3.0        8  inverted V @ 120'
       80       50      150   3.0       29  inverted V @ 110'
       40      102      306   3.0       43  402CD @ 130', Pro67 @ 60'
       20      704     2106   3.0       90  4 el @ 120', 4 el @ 70'(EURO), Pro67
       15      567     1701   3.0       86  4 el @ 90', 4 el @ 50'(EURO), Pro67
       10       59      177   3.0       15  5 el @ 80', 5 el @ 45'(EURO), Pro67
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1493     4473   3.0      271  =   1,212,183

All reports sent were 59 NC, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: FT990, AL1200, Tentec tuner, gobs of gadgets, CT9.

Comments: Tripled last year's score at the great AA4NC station but I still have
          a great deal to learn. As a celebration of my third year as an
          amateur this was an experience I'll never forget.

Club Affiliation: Potomac Valley Radio Club (PVRC) (Log has been submited)

                             Signature Peter J. Soper

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Pete Soper  KS4XG
               4416 Surry Ridge Cir.