[3830] N5KO/6 SOAB -- WPX SSB

Trey Garlough trey at kkn.net
Sun Mar 29 21:23:09 EST 1998

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: N5KO/6                   Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        1        6   6.0        0
       80       34      106   3.1       13
       40      313     1776   5.7       33
       20      845     1707   2.0      326
       15      973     2440   2.5      270
       10      113      327   2.9       36
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   2279     6362   2.8      678  =   4,313,436

Roger on Harry's remark "single op, 36 hours/no conditions."  Congrats
to OH5LF who at 20Z on Sunday was the only European to move the
S-meter on 15 all weekend.  The bands will come back to life again
someday -- I'm sure of it!

The intermittent S6 JA buzz returned this weekend for a small part of
Friday evening and all of Saturday and Sunday evenings.  My apologies
to all the Asia/Pacific folks who got to experience me "CQing in their
face."

Many thanks to the Leesons for letting me come over and make a go of
it.  The station worked great, as always!  The featured weather
activity this weekend was a lifetime supply of hailstones, which gave
way Friday night to a snowstorm, which later gave way to more
hailstones.

Because of the new 36-hour single op rule, the west coast got to spend
about ten hours hours CQing on dead bands rather than about four hours
like in the Old Daze[tm].  I'm certain this comes as a surprise to no
one.  The additional six hours of on-time would have been better spent
roasting chestnuts on an open fire with Dave and Barb and enjoying the
snowscape.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com