[3830] W9IW WPX SSB SOAB HP T/S

Toivo Hallikivi toivo at jdv.net
Tue May 5 23:11:54 EDT 1998

                              CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 28-Mar-98, 29-Mar-98

    Callsign Used : W9IW
         Operator : ES2RR

         Category : SO AB HP Unassisted Tribander/Single Element

 Default Exchange : 59

             Name : Toivo Hallikivi
          Address : c/o James Fecke W9IW
   City/State/Zip : Mount Carroll, IL 61053
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Contest Club Finland

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

  160SSB       5           5          4        0
   80SSB     166         164        188       68
   40SSB     113         112        476       53
   20SSB     692         690       1382      342
   15SSB     707         705       1882      219
   10SSB      33          33         95       12

 Totals     1716        1709       4027      694

    Final Score = 2794738 points.

  FT-1000MP + Drake L4B
  10 - 20       KLM KT-34A @ 90 ft
  40            Butternut HF6V
  80            Inverted "V" @ 80 ft
  160           40 m inverted "V" @ 85 ft

  Soapbox Comments

  My warmest thanks to Jim, W9IW and his dad John for their wonderful
  hospitality. Three hot meals a day, served right in the shack, and a
  good propagation - what else could a contester want. The rates dropped
  a little while trying to eat the steaks during the 15 meter run (no DVP).
  Great experience to work the contest from this side of the Atlantic.

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter
within
 the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
 regulations of the contest.