[3830] W4PA: the slow agony of WPX CW

Scott Robbins srobbins at usit.net
Sun May 31 18:28:03 EDT 1998

W4PA   SO/HP/AB

921 x 441 = 1,190,259 claimed score.  Operating time = 18 hours.

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

If this had been Sweepstakes weekend, the east coast would finally
have had their year to take the top ten.  Far and away the worst
band conditions for a major contest in the last two or three years.
I had intended to operate the whole 36 hour stretch; instead I gave
in after about 18 hours of operating.

I realized I'd had enough S&Ping on two radios when I took a break
about 9 PM Saturday night and couldn't motivate to return to the
radio room.  I was only on for about one hour on Sunday and 20m still
sounded miserable.

Chalk it up to experience !  See you all in the IARU.

Scott, W4PA

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com