[3830] BARTG RTTY CONTEST at KF0FN

KF0FN at aol.com KF0FN at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 01:07:53 EST 1998

In the midwest the bands were not as good as I had expected. 15 meters was
still the band
that got the best results. WD0T and KB0SBC were guest opÆs here. One of the
guest
opÆs was very new to contesting and by the time that we caught him, he had
forgotten to
log the contest exchange on 30 of the 15 meter contacts which I had to edit
out.
   The RTTY program was somewhat troublesome for this contest also and was
unable to
get it to operate properly. Every time someone hit the escape key, we had to
reset the
TNC in order to establish a link between TNC and computer. Also the program
did not
like windows 95 and the display on the monitor was unusual. It looks like a
lot of work on
the computer/tnc/software is in order before the next contest. If anyone has
any ideas that
might help, please e-mail me with your suggestions.

BARTG RTTY Contest

Call used: KF0FN
OPÆs  KF0FN, WD0T, KB0SBC
Location:  SD
Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit

Band    QSOs   Pts  Dist    DX  Cont
80        31    31    13     2     1
40        48    47    12     6     4
20       124   123    16    19     5
15       130   130    15    33     4
10         5     5     2     2     2
-----   ----  ----  ----  ----  ----
Total    338   336    58    62     5

Claimed Score: 201600

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.1

Power Output: 400

Club Participation:

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct
and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the
decisions of the Awards Committee."