[3830] W1NN SS CW SOLP

wallace offutt woffutt at davinci.netaxis.com
Mon Nov 9 12:48:25 EST 1998

W1NN  Results  Connecticut Section Low Power

748 X 78 =  116,688 points

14 Hours

Comments

I have a low QTH with low antennas to match so I usually operate high
power to at least bring my sig up to the normal LP level.  I reluctantly
decided to go LP this time to make the two radio thing easier, and I was
pleasantly surprised at how well the station performed (until the Omni VI+
decided to say sayonara three hours before the end of the contest).  I
wish now that I could have put in those other ten hours, but with a couple
of big trips coming up, I wanted to get my beauty sleep and spend some
time with the family.

The conditions that hurt the folks out west on Sunday helped us here in
the east. Short skip on 20 Sunday afternoon yielded some very decent rates
for me, and 40 was also productive.

I found a weak VY1A CQing on 10 Meters about ten minutes into the contest
so I was off to a good start, but I missed NL for the sweep.  NNY, EWA and
KY were the last mults in my log.

Congratulations to those SFL guys for the big scores, espcially K1TO.  Has
there ever been a winner from SFL?

73,

Hal W1NN

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com