[3830] KG6OK SOHP SS CW

Doug Brandon dab at home.com
Mon Nov 9 10:45:25 EST 1998

                        ARRL CW SWEEPSTAKES -- 1998

      Call: KG6OK               Country:  Orange section (ORG)
      Operator: N6RT
      Mode: CW                  Category: Single-op, High Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

       80      103      206        -     Rotatable dipole @ 78'
       40      339      678        -     3 elements @ 72'
       20      425      850        -     6 elements @ 72'
       15      293      586        -     4 elements @ 84'
       10       27       54        -     4 elements @ 84'
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1187     2374       78

               Score:  185,172

Exchange: # B KG6OK 69 ORG

Power Output: 1KW    Hours of operation: 23.7

Equipment Description: TS-950SDX, Alpha 87a

Club Affiliation: Southern California Contest Club

It's KG6OK, not KG6O (over)!!!!!  Even after answering my CQ (in which I
sent the call twice) and sending the call again as part of the exchange, a
lot of guys (even some of the pros) still busted it.

There was so much flutter on many 20/40/80 sigs on Saturday evening, I felt
like I was working europeans!  Missed NL, although Gus VO1MP did come back
to KG6? but after another 3 minutes of non-stop calling by everybody else,
he got tired of it and QSYed to 15m (where the band was dead here).  My
last worked section was SB (!?) which I was sweating over since I didnt
work it until late Sunday.

The only visit by Murphy was that the wakeup alarm clock didnt go off
Sunday morning, but luckly I woke up on my own only fifteen minutes later
than planned.

Thanks to Herb KG6OK for the use of his excellent station.

   73 de Doug, N6RT

  Doug Brandon         http://members.home.com/dab         dab at home.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com