[3830] N7IR SS CW QRP

Gary Hembree gary.hembree at asu.edu
Mon Nov 9 15:52:10 EST 1998

               ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1998
      Call: N7IR         Section: Arizona
      Mode: CW           Category: Single Operator QRP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80       35       70        -
       40      221      442        -
       20      152      304        -
       15      164      328        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------
     Totals    572     1144       76

               Score:  86,944

Power Output: 5 watts     Hours of operation: 24

Equipment Description:
Ten Tec 546C times 2, 5 Watts out each
Force 12 5BA at 73'
Force 12 EF-240/230 at 84'
Force 12 C3S at 40'
80 meter delta loop

Club Affiliation: Central Arizona DX Association

Soapbox: Round up the usual excuses!
Saturday afternoon was great but I could tell Trouble was brewing by the
weird sound of everyone's signal on 40 meters later in the evening.  Came
close to throwing in the towel on Sunday after many sub-20-Q hours of
trying to survive the 20 meter madhouse and play (badly) two radio
operator.  Finally pulled out of a complete disaster by running for 2 hours
on the
high end of 40.  My hat's off to K1TR, KG5U, N0AX, et al who managed to
keep the rate up and finish >700 Q's this year with QRP!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com