[3830] KQ6ES SO LP CW SS

John Simmons electricshock at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 10 06:48:06 EST 1998

1998 CW SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : KQ6ES
         Operator : KQ6ES

         Category : Single Op Low Power

 Default Exchange : A KQ6ES 96 LAX

             Name : John Simmons
          Address : 2224 Sierra Leone Avenue
   City/State/Zip : Rowland Heights, CA 91748-3724
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Southern California Contest Club

   80CW       50          50        100       4
   40CW      159         159        318      15
   20CW      148         148        296      12
   15CW       59          59        118      11
   10CW       96          96        192      33

 Totals      512         512       1024      75

    Final Score = 76800 points.

This was my third SS, and a big improvement over last year.  Sunday's
conditions on 10 and 15 were a big disappointment, and Canadian mults,
except for VE7 were a struggle on all bands.  I missed NL, MAR, VE2 and
VE4, and my 75th mult was VE5.  Strangely, my last USA mult was WMA.  It
seemed to me I heard more QRP'ers than usual.
I stubbornly called CQ more often than was probably good for me but it
was nice to have some big guns call me for a change.
73 de John kq6es

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com