[3830] K7UP SSCW SOLP

John Schneider jschneid at mail.wsc.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 11 16:27:50 EST 1998

Exchanged Information: nr A K7UP 58 NM

     Hours of Operation: 23:10

     band      QSOs     points
     _________________________
     160          0          0
      80         98        196
      40        388        776
      20        264        528
      15        253        506
      10        114        228
     _________________________
     TOTAL     1117       2234   X   78 multipliers  =  174,252

Missed MAR, sure looked hard but no luck. In New Mexico 10M was the place
to be at the start, 94 Q's first hour on 10. I actually started on 15M but
after the first 2 minutes with only 1 QSO, I remembered the old go to the
highest open band rule. Sure paid off! With Hose, KN5H, off to VY1A, and
Bruce, AA5B, having to cancel at the last minute, I was forced to operate
myself. I didn't have much faith prior to the start of the contest in my
ability to compete, but good conditions at the start, coupled with at least
1117 (and more) great operators, sure made a rusty old SS'er feel good.

73, John

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com