[3830] NU0Q SS CW SOLP IA

Bill Claypool 71556.1273 at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 11 23:44:31 EST 1998

Call  Class  Power  Section  Score  Q's  Mults Hours
NU0Q  SO     LP       IA   104,052   667  78  24

      160        0        0        -
       80      249      498        -
       40      211      422        -
       20      143      286        -
       15       60      120        -
       10        4        8        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    667     1334       78

               Score:  104,052

This is my first time over 100,000.  I've finished at the top of the
Midwest Division with less (1994), but I think this is as good as I can do
with my trapped vertical and multi-band inverted-V at 25 feet.  Time for a
tower!

With the geomagnetic storms, 40 meters sounded like a haunted house at
night!  I figured that's why I wasn't working many VEs.

I tried to avoid the crowds on 20m, and so I missed VY1A.  I thought I'd
find him on 15, but no such luck.  I was pretty thrilled to get a few new
sections (ME, VE2, VE4, and SB !!) in the last few hours.  I did manage to
look for VO1MP at the right time - his #10 - before the pileup got rough.

See you in the SSB SS!

Bill
NU0Q
Ankeny, IA