[3830] F6IFY WAE Rtty 1998 SOAB

Philippe Nouchi Philippe.Nouchi at cern.ch
Tue Nov 17 17:21:20 EST 1998

1998
+- WAE RTTY CONTEST -+

CALL: F6IFY
Single OP., All Band

     QSOs QTCs Multipliers
80m:  77   0   100   (25*4)
40m:  65   0    90   (30*3)
20m:  74  20    72   (36*2)
15m: 107 159    80   (40*2)
10m:  40  70    46   (23*2)
Total: 363 + 249     * 388 = 237456

Station Description: TenTec Omni VI + IC2KL, Icom 706
Antenna(s):          Gap Titan, Windom
Software:    Writelog/RttyRite by W5XD Version 9.14
             PC portable Pentium 133Mhz.
             Internal stereo sound board (Crystal sound) for RTTY decoding
             2 Pcmcia cards 2 x RS232 (for FSK keying and rig control)

Time on: Writelog says 23:56 (seems correct).

Remarks:   I used the stereo sound card to decode both signals
         from two TX/RX's (one on left channel and one on right). All works
         perfectly apart only one lock but I think it is the Windows 95
fault.
         So the old PK232 is now useless.
           Solar storm ... But the Gap seems more efficient than the R7000
         I had before. A QSO with 10 QTC's with ZL2JON during
         a very good transmission, I can't believe it was possible
         this week-end. Missed only one QTC from UN5PR (my fault!).
           This is a very interesting contest, I like QTC's and
         Writelog help a lot for that. I hope others contests adopt QTC's.
         Just a bad point about the 15 mn rule (why for a single op.?).
         Best 73 to all on the list.
--
Philippe Nouchi - F6IFY

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com