[3830] Correction: N6TDM SS SSB SOAB HP UNASSISTED

Don Nutt don at kcnet.com
Mon Nov 23 08:19:13 EST 1998

SRI Forgot the Section.

Don

                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES 1998

      Call: N6TDM                    Country: MO
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator (Unassisted)

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80      248      496        -
       40      431      862        -
       20      120      240        -
       15      205      410        -
       10      132      264        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1136     2272       79

               Score:  179,488

Power Output: 1500 watts     Hours of operation: 24 (actual 21, but who cares)

Equipment Description:

TS850, TEN-TEC TITAN (LOVE THE AMP), R5 FOR 10-15-20, BUTTERNUT HF2V FOR 40/80
P-Pro 200 with lots of memory and hard drive space.

COMMENTS:

Sweep in 5.9 hours. 1st and last contest that I run with vertical on 10-20.  I
couldn't hold a run on 20 if my life depended on it.  My A4 on a 20' mast
would have been better. Who ever thinks that an amplifier is a great
equalizer,  get a beam, a big beam, a very big beam. Sweep in 5.9 hours. I had
a great time and the Butternut did real well on 40/80.  I think I will setup 2
more and phase them.

No Packet setup here.  Not even a VHF radio in the house.

CU next year with the tower up.

Club Affiliation: KANSAS CITY DX CLUB

Don Nutt
N6TDM/0  - The Peculiar Nutt  (Peculiar, Cass County,  MO)
don at kcnet.com
11/23/98 07:35:40 CST

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com