[3830] AB2E SOHP SS SSB SNJ

Darrell Neron otpaphil at erols.com
Mon Nov 23 15:21:00 EST 1998

ooooopppps! Should have read SS SSB, not CW! 73 Darrell

AB2E SOHP SS CW - Section SNJ       23hours operation.

80m     721Q
40m     248Q
20m     457Q
15m      45Q
10m      22Q
--------------
total  1493Q X 79mults  =   235,894   (personal alltime record)
Club:FRC

FT1000MP/Alpha 87A/Icecomm 419/Topten decoder+antenna autoswitch.
antennas: all Force12 - 5el 15/4el 10 on 36ft boom @ 75ft, rotatable 80m
dipole @70ft, 3el20/3el40 on 36ft boom at 60ft.

Thanks to all who worked me. Had a lot of fun with lots of activity. Had
a VE8,KL7, ND, and NE call me on 20m in a 30m period. Started an hour
late so I made a quick s&p of 10 and 15m for less common mults. Got my
earliest ever sweep after 6hrs operating.
	The 80m rotatable is an awesome SS antenna. I held a CQ freq all nite
once I went to 80, and at 721Q,this was my most productive band.
	I tried using the 2nd VFO to s&p on the same band while CQing, as
training for more serious SO2R in the future. I probably picked up at
least another 100Qs from s&p while cqing throughout the contest so I see
the real value of serious 2radio operating. Is anyone using a
commercially made headphone mixer to mix the audio in the fones from the
2 radios? I would like to hear from anyone who is using one.
	The effects of operating at V26B are spilling over to operating at
home. It seems my scores are improving, especially on contests like this
one.

73 and CU in CQWW CW!
Darrell AB2E/V26E

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com