[3830] W6AX (N6IG op at W6GO) SOABHP unassisted CQWW CW 1998

Jim Pratt n6ig at netcom.com
Mon Nov 30 10:05:22 EST 1998

What a great weekend:

160    17  10  11
 80   144  24  40
 40   876  36 102
 20   556  34  96
 15   743  34  99
 10   439  28  85
=================
TOT: 2775 166 433  ====> 4,690,170  New W6 and Zone 3 record (claimed)

46+ hours

When the bands were open and I could run rate, WOW!  I sure wish I had
more than a two or three hour opening into Eu on 10 and 15, but I ain't
complaining.  This was a LOT of work, I really ran the two radios a lot.
At times I was running four receivers (given the sub RXs in the FT1000s);
my ears are still ringing.

Station:

FT1000D/Alpha 77   FT1000MP/Alpha 76PA  CT9.37B/2 computers networked

Antennas:  160: Fed tower + beverages; 80: dipole @ 158' + phased loops
on JA;  40:  4/4 @ 150'/80';  20: 6 el @ 140';  20/15/10:  KT34XA @ 100'
+ stacked KT34XAs at 110'/60' + M2 LP at 100'.

Thanks again to W6GO and K6HHD for letting me invade their home once
again.  The second new cat seemed to occupy the first cat and they didn't
bother me much this year...

73!  Jim  N6IG

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com