[3830] 1998 CQWWCW 6D2X (W5VX)

Bill Parry w5vx at hiline.net
Mon Nov 30 17:46:58 EST 1998

                   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: 6D2X(W5VX)               Country:  Mexico
      Mode: CW                             Category: SO HP Unassisted
      Zone: 06

      160      190      383     2.02      9      12
       80      353      730     2.07     14      27
       40     1251     2972     2.38     28      68
       20      820     1864     2.27     33      74
       15     1270     3009     2.37     31      85
       10     1033     2511     2.43     26      70

     Totals   4917    11469     2.33    141     336  =>  5,470,713

Operating Time: 39 hours

Equipment Description: TS850/Alpha/Stacked KT34XAs/402BA/Inverted V 80/160

Reflections:

I'm not sure why I decided to do this to myself! I guess that since K5TSQ
decide to leave
 town,  I figured the station should be on the air. I usually do single band
15 from my house,
so that I can sleep at night but that just didn't seem appropriate. Well,
here is my first try at
SOAB from XE. My goal was 5000 Q and 500 mults, didn't quite make it.

I see some things that I would do differently next time. I set up a second
rig for quick QSY
for mults. This was unnecessary sincle I had my hands full with one rig.
Changing bands
was not that difficult with the rig I was using. According to my breakdown,
I had a couple
of hours of over 200. I need more.

 I need a more comfortable chair. My body was screaming after the first 24
hours.

I needed to work more mults.....somehow.

Thank you XE2MX for giving me XE!

Comments:

1. What's with the nutty shortened exchanges? I guess that most people just
hit the enter
button and didnt even notice. I guess I should have used "ennd"! Hopefully
so many people
will miscopy that this practice will discontinue.

2. I have always sent my call after every QSO, this takes additional time
but I don't have
questions about who I am. So why do I still have people ask?

3. Lots are outstanding operators. Its really great to hear the really savvy
guys move up or down freq,
tailend and use other tricks to get in and out of the pile.

4. It was really great to hear the deep Russians again. I love that gravelly
echo even though
 it makes them hard to copy.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com