[3830] KQ6ES CQP SO LP

John Simmons electricshock at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 5 04:45:45 EDT 1998

1998 California QSO Party
Callsign used = KQ6ES (Single Operator)
Operator and Station Location: KQ6ES at home address as shown below (Los
Angeles County)

10m :   161 QSO's - 107 CW - 54 phone
15m :   230 QSO's - 146 CW - 84 phone
20m :   135 QSO's - 111 CW - 24 phone
40m :   114 QSO's - 104 CW - 10 phone
80m :    47 QSO's -  43 CW -  4 phone
160m:     7 QSO's -   6 CW -  1 phone

TOTALS : (24 hours) 694 QSOS and 56 multipliers (missed WY and ME)
                    517 CW and 177 phone QSO's = 106,680 points

CATEGORY: Single Operator, Low Power
EQUIPMENT: Yaesu FT-840
ANTENNA: Butternut HF9V-X Vertical, Roof Mounted

REMARKS: A very enjoyable contest for me, over 200 more contacts than in
1997, my highest QSO total of any contest, and my best hour: 56 - (yeah,
many of you might throw that hour back!)
This is the first time in my not quite 3 years experience in all-band
contests that 10m has been so wide open - my first JA on 10m phone was
on Sunday.
I hope this is just a taste of things to come.
73 de John
kq6es

Name: JOHN SIMMONS
Callsign: KQ6ES
Address: 2224 SIERRA LEONE AVENUE
City: ROWLAND HEIGHTS
State/Zip: CA 91748-3724
E-mail: electricshock at worldnet.att.net OR kq6es at juno.com

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my transmitter
within the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules
and
regulations of the contest:

John Simmons
KQ6ES