[3830] K6RIM SO HP CQP (Marin)

Albert C. Burnham w4rim at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 7 17:07:32 EDT 1998

K6RIM SO HP CQP (Marin County)

1653 Q's x 58 mults = 236,060 points

BAND	CW	PHONE

80		  67	 15
40		153	   6
20		238   	368
15		196	232
10		109	269
__________________________

Totals	764	889

Rig:		 TS950SDX, Alpha 89, M2 Log Periodic, Carolina Windom on 80
Software:	CQPWIN 6.0 (AE6Y)

Soapbox:

1.  This was my second major contest effort in CQP, and my goal was to
exceed last year's score and to set a new record in Marin County.  I
believe that I met that goal, and had a lot of fun in the process.

2.  Mults took longer this year, but all were achieved in the first five
hours or so.  Last one worked was VY1A.  I was beginning to wonder whether
Jay had found something better to do than participate in CQP; nah, no way!
Later, to my surprise, VY1AC showed up!

3.  Maybe my timing was wrong for 40 phone (early Sunday AM), but I
couldn't find enough stations to make it worthwhile.

4.  CQPWIN by AE6Y is terrific!  It combines reliable performance and
simplicity.  Really a joy to use.

73,

Al, K6RIM

                         \\|//