[3830] W3USA/M PAQP Results

wallace offutt woffutt at davinci.netaxis.com
Tue Oct 13 08:53:27 EDT 1998

Hello Everyone,

Another great PAQP weekend.  Thanks to all for the many contacts and nice
comments, and especially thanks to Doug W3HDH and the Nittany Amateur
Radio Club for doing all of the work and for sponsoring this wonderful
event.

Larry N2AZS, the other half of the K8HVT/W3USA mobile efforts for the past
ten years, is buying a new home and couldn't make it this year so all of
the driving and operating was done by me alone.  I logged on paper so the
following is an approximation of my score.

PRELIMINARY RESULTS FOR W3USA/M

QSOs

80 Meter CW      330
Other CW         526
SSB              249
--------------------
Total QSOs     1,105   (1,698 points)

Bonus Points

Counties (14) 7,000
K3YTL (5)     1,000
-------------------
Total         8,000

PRELIMINARY FINAL SCORE =  203,270 points

I'll try to put together some comments on this year's adventure when I get
a few minutes.  Right now I have to prepare for my first mobile operation
in the Illinois QSO Party this coming Sunday!

73 and thanks for all the fun!

Hal Offutt W1NN, op of W3USA/M

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com