[3830] K6AQL CQP Mobile Score

David Kunkee kunkee at montara.aero.org
Fri Oct 23 14:33:20 EDT 1998

I realize this is about three weeks too late....

Here is our score for  K6AQL/m in CQP98:

Calsign Used: K6AQL  (4-landers/California C.C.)

ops N9HZQ, K0DI

Our borrowed Texas Bug catcher was a "monumental" improvement
over last year, and quite impressive (read *large*) looking
mounted on top of our Ford Escort.  It provided quite a show
traveling down the interstate!!

The biggest question one might have is what happened on 10 meters??
We were wondering the same thing until we saw everyone's scores.....
It turned out that our mobile antenna was actually too long for
us to use on 10 without a lot of hassel so we kept busy on 20
15 mostly.   This weekend was really a blast

   BAND     Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults
   40CW       132         131        393       -
   20CW       126         125        375       -
   20SSB      180         180        360       -
   15CW       169         167        501       -
   15SSB      147         147        294       -
   10CW         1           1          3       -
   10SSB        9           9         18       -
              764         760       1944      57

County        Raw Qs  Valid   Points   Mults   Score
Alameda		18	18	45	15	675
Butte		23	22	66	15	990
Colusa		96	95	246	38	9348
Contra Costa	4	4	12	4	48