[3830] 5X1T - cqww 10m single band high power - unassisted

Home.Peter.Casier at wfp.or.ug Home.Peter.Casier at wfp.or.ug
Wed Oct 28 20:51:01 EST 1998

5X1T (ON6TT,op) single band 10m high power - unassisted.

4217 qsos 37 zones 171 countries
2,570,256 points

should be good enough for a new African record.

ft1000mp, alpha 91B, th11 and R7.
Beam rotates armstrong, and electricity switches on and off between
generator and public power.

10m behaved exactly like 15m did last year. Talking about the upcycle!
Excellent conditions, though second day less USA and JA than the first
day. Both evenings, I heard my own echo through back scatter.
almost continuous pileups, where periods giving me only 2 qsos per
minute sounded worrying. hi
The only 2 multiplierS I heard and could not work were HC8 and ET.
Many stations seem to take the habit, at least this year, to listen
for DX. Though for plenty still, I had to call my throat out to get
through. Especially pacific, south america and Caribean mults, who
have their beams to the USA were a challenge. Was amazing how many
Africa stations were actually trying to call in. Sometimes I was
calling so long that a US station got pity on me and told the guy 5X
was calling.

Great activity. FR/G was the best multiplier, but the UFB condx to the
pacific were amazing. FK8, T32, KH0, KH2, KH8, T8, V7 came through via
long path with an excellent signal. Even heard JA via long path.
Nicest mults calling me were HB0CSZ, GJ3XZE, 4U1ITU, 4U1VIC, HZ1HZ,
AH8A, AP2TJ, 3V8BB, V31PC, 5H3US, OY3JE.

This is without any doubt the best radio weekend in the year for me!

Peter
ON6TT/5X1T (and that is 5X, not 9X!)
QSL via ON5NT.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com