[3830] W4PA CW Sprint

Scott Robbins srobbins at usit.net
Sun Sep 6 11:44:05 EDT 1998

W4PA CW Sprint high power

323 QSO x 42 mult = 13,566 claimed score
QSO by band,  20m: 112
              40m: 112
              80m:  99

Team: Tennessee Contest Group

2 x Ten-Tec Omni-VI Plus transceivers, 40m Ten-Tec Titan,
20m/80m Ten-Tec Centurion dual 3-500z.  3 el 40 m @ 70ft, TH7 @
85 feet, domestic stack 2 x 3 ele tribanders phased fixed NE and
west @ 40 feet, phased verticals on 80.

Finally made it to 300 contacts!  If the score holds within 500
points it should be good for the Tennessee state record as well.
I think the current one is 13,005.  I am surprised at how many
QSO's I missed - kept hearing WQ5L, never worked him.  Missed
the MS. multiplier too!  Great band conditions, great operators
= a great time.  73.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Gatlinburg, TN

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>
        "They're a band beyond description
         Like Jehovah's favorite choir"   - Grateful Dead

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com